Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
Instructor: Dr. Michael Rintala, DC
This course runs from October 21-22, 2022
We will meet in-person at:
Platinum Physical Therapy
15 West Union Street Ashland, MA 01721
Early bird price
before July 20, 2022: $595
Regular Price: $695
This course is designed to introduce DNS principles as it relates to exercise, Sport and fitness training. We will be going over specific assessments, and active exercises that are designed to enhance movement performance and preparation.
Target audience: Clinicians, trainers, coaches, body work therapists, exercise physiologists & kinesiologists. Please contact the local organizer if you are part of a group that is not listed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of developmental kinesiology.
- Describe the relationship between development during the first year of life and dysfunction of the locomotor system in adulthood.
- Discuss and demonstrate the basis of human movement: support, stepping forward, the biomechanics of motor function, the verticalization process & functional joint centration in postural development.
- Evaluate and correct poor respiratory patterns.
- Assess the integrated stabilizing system of the spine both visually and utilizing dynamic functional tests.
- Integrate corrective exercises based on the DNS functional tests and developmental positions in supine, prone, low kneeling, oblique sit, and quadruped global movements.
- Demonstrate how DNS corrective exercises can be integrated with other exercise strategies.
*Space will be limited in order to provide an ideal ratio between instructor and students.
Dr. Michael Rintala is one of the Prague School of Rehabilitation Primary Instructors teaching Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) in the United States. He is also a DNS Certified Exercise Trainer (DNSET).