Copyright © 2021 RintalaChiro. All rights reserved.
Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
The Running Athlete
This course runs from September 1-3, 2023
We will meet in-person at:
Competitive Edge Physical Therapy
1375 Blossom Hill Rd.
San Jose, Ca 95118
Early Bird before August 1, 2023 – $795 USD
RegularAfter August 1, 2023 – $895 USD
**The 80 EUR Prague School of Rehabilitation Fee is included in the course fee!**
DNS Running Athlete – Sports Specific course
- Postural-locomotion function from a developmental perspective
- Developmental kinesiology aspects for ideal stereotype of running and other sports performance
- Biomechanics of gait and the running cycle
- Basic core stabilization as a prerequisite for locomotion patterns
- The role of the diaphragm during aerobic exercise; dual postural-respiratory diaphragmatic function
- Correction and training of the proper breathing stereotype
- The extremities functional differentiation for running – stepping forward and supporting function for the contralateral pattern of running
- DNS exercise positions to train core stabilization as a prerequisite of the ideal running stereotype
- Biomechanical and developmental kinesiology principles for foot centration & foot orthotics and selection of optimal shoes for different type of running
- The most frequent types of musculoskeletal dysfunction resulting from non optimal running stereotype and poor methodology of training: plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, knee pain, hip pain, low back pain
- Stretching and coordination exercises from the developmental perspective in order to get ready for running; educating the runner
*Space will be limited in order to provide an ideal ratio between instructor and students.
Dr. Michael Rintala is one of the Prague School of Rehabilitation Primary Instructors teaching Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) in the United States. He is also a DNS Certified Exercise Trainer (DNSET).
DPT, PhD Petra Valouchova, is one of the Prague School of Rehabilitation Certified Czech DNS instructors. She specializes in locomotor system dysfunction rehabilitation.